i ♥ faces ~ week 13 - dramatic b&w

Here is my weekly entry for the www.iheartfaces.com contest this week. The theme this week is "Dramatic B&W". We took some engagement photos for a friend of ours and we met them by the elementary school that they both had attended together. We were thrilled when we found the doors to the school unlocked and so we walked in and were able to take some photos inside too. This was one of my favorite shots taken from the location of where they first met.





some past i faces entries:
week 11 ~ bundled up
week 35 ~ back to school *7th place
week 28 ~ feet week *7th place
week 24 ~ let's hear it for the boys *2nd place
week 12 ~ pouting *4th place
week 9 ~ creative crop *8th place

14 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

nice shot, did they meet here when they were little? i really like the way the eye is led from the edges to the center.

Keri Alane said...

This shot speaks volumes!! I feel the HS Sweethearts after graduation getting ready to go out into the "real world" that in itself is drama and you have captured it BEAUTIFULLY!!!

Rikki said...

Gorgeous image - love this perspective.

Rachel said...

Definitely fits the dramatic b&w theme...lovely photo

Anonymous said...

A lovely photo - I am sure that it will mean alot to the couple - its like they are looking out at their futures from high school, if that makes sense! Anyway great image!

Kate said...

The perspective and 'almost' silhouette is just terrific in this! Great capture!

4 Lettre Words said...

Ahhh...that is really lovely.

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Another beautiful photo that speaks volumes.

Anonymous said...

I love the lines.. the details of the coat hooks. And especially the way she's looking at him. What a mood you captured; perfect use of b&w, but I suppose I expected that when I came here!

Priscilla Leggett Photography said...

I love it. What an awesome shot to capture such a moment between two people. Looks like love to me.

Buckeroomama said...

I love the perspective of this shot... and I love the story behind. :)

Bunch of Barrons said...

This is gorgeous! Great job!

Anonymous said...

this is so great! I cant say enough ( or more than everyone has already said) about it. What a great engagement shot!

Mindy~

tiarastantrums said...

such a sweet story