we.picture.this ~ before & after

I just found this new photography blog called We Picture {This}, and the theme this week is "before and after". Here is a picture I took of my daughter to use for her jazz recital invitations. The original is definately blah, so I went to photoshop to "jazz" it up and make it a little more edgy.

we picture {this}

To edit the picture above I first worked with the curves to to adjust the contrast to where I liked it. I then cropped the image and straightened it out so that the bricks were more horizontal. After this I applied the pros crossessed action by TRA at about 65% opacity and then I burned the edges a little. I finished off by adjusting the red hue to make it pop. Here is the original...


SOOC

4 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

Fabulous post process!! I love what you did. You took a good photo and made it WOW! :) The urban feel really complements the image nicely. Well done!

Winter said...

great edit! i love the urban look yet still girly! very nice!

Rosina said...

Nice, nice, so nicely done, is all I can say!!!

Unknown said...

Wow...what a difference!! It went from a snapshot to a piece of art!